Madrona Nutrition and Fitness: Recipe and Nutrition Guide

Madrona Nutrition and Fitness:
Guide to Wellness through Holistic Diet
and Lifestyle

Rachel Fiske
Certified Holistic Nutrition Consultant,
Certified Personal Trainer

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Welcome to my blog...AND...delicious Raw Mexican Dark Chocolate Blueberry Fudge!

Hey guys! Welcome to my first blog post. I'm creating this blog to share recipes, nutrition tidbits, and general thoughts! Many of you may know, after several years of growing interest and personal study of natural health and medicine, I began studying last year at Bauman College of Holistic Nutrition in Berkeley, CA. Last year, I was certified as a Holistic Nutrition Educator, and am currently working towards a second certification as Nutrition Consultant, which will be more focused on clinical/therapeutic nutrition.

I am also moving towards seeing clients one on one, as well as find opportunities to teach within the community.  While I am currently working full time at an environmental nonprofit here in San Francisco, it is hard to make as much time for this as I'd like...so a nutrition blog will be a good start. :)

So to start things off...here is a yummy recipe I just made: Mexican Dark Chocolate Blueberry Fudge. And its RAW! I don't eat exclusively raw by any means, but love the vast array of healthy, live "desserts" you can make as an alternative to sugary, refined sweets. Here is just one of many ideas (recipe adapted from Stephanie Tourles, Raw Energy)



1/2 C raw, unrefined coconut oil
1 C dried blueberries
1 C raw cacao powder
1/2 C almond butter
2 tbsp. raw honey (or maple syrup or agave)
1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp ceyenne, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp sea salt

Mix all together in a large bowl, coat the bottom of an 8 in. square pan, and freeze for 1 hour! Allow to soften for 20 min and cut into squares. Store in the fridge for 2 months or freezer for 6 months....YUM!!

1 comment: